Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareHow to get it? › What if i want to run my Mega128 with 3V3?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
What if i want to run my Mega128 with 3V3? (Read 4966 times)
04/04/11 at 12:34:39

Frank   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Argentina

Hi all!!

I'm using the 15th version of the bootloader at a homemade Atmega128 PCB. i change several issues to run it on 3V3 at 16Mhz and is done and running but is not rigth because atmel saids that is need run it but with a 8Mhz clock.

Now i can change all the bootloader issues and fuses to run into 3V3 8Mhz, but where at the wiring software i need to change the clock value? i found a file called preferences.ini, at that file i get the clock value, i change it but nothing hapends...some other place to change ?

And definitely the Wiring R-O-C-K-S! Grin

Best regards
Frank

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/04/11 at 15:44:12

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi Frank, thanks, that will work for release 0028, it would be nice if you could help us testing this feature as well, I'd like to ask you if it is possible for you to build Wiring form the source code? which platform are you using (win, mac,, linux?), if not I can put a test release for you, let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/04/11 at 23:44:12

Frank   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Argentina

Hi!
How are you Hernando!

I'm using windows as OS, and AVR-GCC as bootloader compiler, Arduino as hardware burner and AVRdude as programer.

And the bootloader file i found at a external website, at wiring saids ver 1.15.

I test this Xtal change without results because i can't found the file to change at wiring, at the CPU i only change the BODLEVEL to 1, at original is seted to 0, with that fuse in 0 the CPU needs allmost 4V to starts, with 1 only 2V7.
And this small change let the ATMega128 L runs at 3V3. At manual saids only 8Mhz but it's runing, may be if i touch the Xtal terminals it will reset.

I think that when was testing this i mistaken something, because the Cpu must be donwload the sketch, like the CPU speed works only when it runs the sketch, when is in download mode the PC must link the CPU.

What will be nice is have the latest bootloader code to upload it using STK V1, i don't know if you got a 1.28 bootloader for this, the arduino use the standard STK protocol....i think that i can upload any bootloader, the diference is the memory optimization or something like that.

Best Regards!!
Frank

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 04/06/11 at 19:41:12

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

the source code for the bootloader is located here: http://wiring.uniandes.edu.co/source/trunk/wiring/firmware/hardware/Wiring/bootloader/ you can change the specs a bit, this will be the version used from 0028

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 04/07/11 at 03:11:35

Frank   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Argentina

Very thank you, let let you know the results.
Please cheq yours messages i leave you my wiring homemade board.

Best Regards
Frank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1