Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTroubleshooting › old Board and new usb drive issue

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
old Board and new usb drive issue (Read 5721 times)
01/21/11 at 17:35:42

Vaccumdiode2   Offline
chicago, IL USA

Hello,
         It's been a while since I upload a program.  I laod the USB drive and Wiring 27 on to a widows machine runing xp.  The board showed up on com3, Check in device manger.  but I could not load the wiring program on to the board.  I tryied both hardware versions and all three process versions. 

The last wiring I was using was wiring 15.  Any ideas on things to try would be helpful.

Thank you,

Vaccumdiode2

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01/22/11 at 07:02:04

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

might be the firmware version you're using, perhaps your board uses version 1.x, check the Tools -> Firmware version menu. I'de recommend you to try to update your bootloader to the latest version available. The bootloader can be flashed following the procedure indicated in the wiki: http://wiki.wiring.org.co/index.php?title=About_Tutorials_and_Resources

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/08/11 at 14:31:50

Vaccumdiode2   Offline
chicago, IL USA

Hello,
          I got back to it over the weekend and had no luck.  I tried it on another machine with a fresh install of windows 7 home 32 bit.  I was using xp pro.  I tried the Wiring 0027 and then I tried my old copy of Wiring 0015.  The USB drive went in and both programs saw it and I confirm in device manger.  then I tried of second wiring board and got the same result.  both boards are running their current programs flawlessly.  could it be the location of the wiring directory?  I put the both on my desktop and ran them from there.  Any Ideas?

They both work great on the wiring 0015 about a year and a have ago.  Change of computers and reinstalled windows xp pro a few times.  I'm at a loss?????

Vaccumdiode

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 03/09/11 at 03:07:30

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

looks like a driver issue, are you reseting your board before uploading and after uploading? seems a board that needs manual reset, let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 03/09/11 at 15:25:15

Vaccumdiode2   Offline
chicago, IL USA

barragan
               I push the set button on the board then as quickly as possible I click the upload button in the wiring software.  It does not seem to send the signal to the board because the old program runs. This is true for both of my boards.  Last night I started digging through
old back up disks to see if I can find the old driver file, in hopes it was different. 

Do you think it could be a security issue? 

To night I'll look at the USB chip and see if it is different than what I assume it is.  I bought both of these from Maximum robotics here in the United States.  If remember correctly I use the drives from the wiring web site.

Any Ideas will be helpful!

Vaccumdiode Cry

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 03/09/11 at 19:58:44

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Depending on the machine and software installed, the compiling process can take a while, generally once the reset button is pressed the board waits for about 7-8 seconds for receiving a new program, then it starts automatically the previous program loaded (this is what you are seeing). If the compiling process takes too long, the board won't be there waiting for it, so no uploading will happens, you can see it in the RX LED it flashes when it tries to upload, but since the board is no longer waiting for a new program it just doesn't happen. Try to count from the moment you start compiling until the moment the RX LED flashes (red led), this will give you an idea of when to press the reset button after pressing the compile button on the screen.
Let me know.
h.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 03/10/11 at 14:29:08

Vaccumdiode2   Offline
chicago, IL USA

Barragan,

I'll Try look at that tonight.  I Have a KMV switch on the two computer I've been using.  I'll try it on one of other computers to see if it is the problem.  It could cause the delay you mentioned. 

Thank you for the help.

Vaccumdiode Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1