Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumBugsWebsite,  Reference,  Examples Bugs › BMP085 Sensor Example code

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
BMP085 Sensor Example code (Read 10262 times)
11/27/10 at 07:28:18

Christopher   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Ruston, LA

I am finding that something is not working correctly with the example code provided for the BMP085 sensor....  After copying and pasting the code and downloading it to my Arduino Dem.  I the code is stopping after displaying "Reading Calibration Data".  I have checked and my wiring is exactly like the example, seems something is wrong with the wiring.h transmission of the bytes to the sensor...  any suggestions...

I commented out //ac1 = readIntRegister(0xAA); to see if anything would happen and I get the AC1:  0 in the serial monitor.

Cheers,
Christopher

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/29/10 at 04:00:58

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi Christoper, I've tested the code using a Wiring a board and the connections as shown in the example, it seems to be working fine. Please check your connections again and let me know. I am assuming you're using the latest Wiring software 0027. Inside the loop you could also increase a bit the delay to delay(200);
Sometimes it takes longer between readings depending on the sensor.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/06/11 at 05:16:01

wbp   Offline
YaBB Newbies
spaceship earth

This is an old post, but if anyone else runs into this problem, check your SDA/SCL wiring.  I'll bet they're connected to D0/D1.  They should be connected to A4/A5 - these are the SDA/SCL pins for the Arduino.  It's an easy mistake to make...

William

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1