Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumDiscussionExhibition › hexapod powered by wiring

Pages: 1 2 3 
hexapod powered by wiring (Read 94593 times)
Reply #30 - 12/03/10 at 04:44:57

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

bootloader waits on UART0 pins for a new program. Those pins are PE0 and PE1 (in atmel terms) which are also connected to MOSI and MISO in the ISP 6 pin connector.
In wiring pin numbers those are pins 32 and 33 (Wiring pin numbering). Check the diagram on http://wiring.org.co/hardware/

On the other hand UART1 pins are mapped to Wiring pins 2. and 3.

IP Logged

Reply #31 - 12/03/10 at 08:08:00

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

so yes, connection is ok. my be i'm burning loader etc. incorrectly?
i tried these ways with both hex with delay and no delay:

1) fuse setup (without bootloader security)
    burn bootloader
    setup mode 3 for bl security
2) setup all fuses
    burn loader
in all cases chip was erased etc.

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 12/04/10 at 23:21:35

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

completely out of ideas. i took fully new clear XP installation. put there usb->com converter and wiring and sinaprog with my doper. all drivers fine, chip is reading and programming. so i reflash this way:

unlock bootloader fuse, made full erase. that restart board and load 7seconds delay hex. and lock bootloader back.
all fine avrdude show no problems and chip verified.

next i run wiring tried to upload "blink" for pin 33 where amber led is attached and nothing. it just staying in place. GUI at the bottom shows "uploading blabla bla" and nothing happens.
connection to port is ok.
pin 2 Rx of db9 going to pin 3 Tx of  atmega
pin 3 Tx of db9 going to pin 2 Rx of atmega
using direct connection because usb->rs 232 is in TTL
tried different port speed 19200 ->115200 no success.
tomorrow will try to write rs 232 echo with windows hyper terminal for atmega an will try to "speak" with it.
just wondering is arduino working same? those driving me crazy

other thing thing. i've opened original hex and one i read from chip after load boot. they are different Shocked
i think it's not supposed to be that way right?

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 12/05/10 at 02:17:33

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

bootloader speed is 115200, Wiring will attempt to upload using that speed. Can you upload new code to your board from wiring?
If so, try running this example http://wiring.org.co/learning/basics/analogreadserial.html
If the example runs fine then you should be able to see numbers when activating the serial monitor.
Have you tried to replace your XTAL? might be bad. OR the capacitors around it.

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 12/05/10 at 16:54:23

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

whoah finally get it stable. spend whole weekend on that. and finally was able to run blinking LED  Cheesy
of course there was my mistake in routing  Embarrassed.
soon will post updated brainboard. there are some boobs in max232 routing.

Hernando i wanna say big thank you!!! run this board were was more like sports interest for me:)

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 12/05/10 at 16:59:06

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

as next step need to find how to implement lynxmotion SSC32 servo controller logic to work with wiring. originally SSC32 is controlled by atmega8 and for robot application there is another MC which control SSC32 and works with rest of robot like sensors etc. that will be not so easy....

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 12/06/10 at 04:30:06

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

great!, I am glad you found it. Why not using the servo library?

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 12/06/10 at 04:54:40

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

well, this is easy, SSC32 can drive up to 32 servos in a time, using only 6 pin of it's MCu and around 1% of main MCu time. also have some other powerful functions like synchronization and other. i saw it's manual and it sounds great.
for a hexapod where synchronization of 18 servos (legs only) is 1st priority case i think SSC would be best choice. the other thing, its an open project. they share schematic, code, terminal, excel macro for create sequencences etc.
so i think it be much easier to recreate SSC 32 and use wiring as a brain board receiving commands from radio, steering camera, nipper, may be some sensors and giving commands to SSC for movement

IP Logged

Reply #38 - 12/07/10 at 02:52:21

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Cool, please keep us posted on the integration etc, it might be very interesting for many.

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 12/11/10 at 18:12:02

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

uff, that was a looong battle. finally have SSC 32 working and talking with lynxmotion terminal. pictures soon

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 12/12/10 at 22:09:14

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

finally was able to make some photos.
this below is a "handmade" twin of lynxmotion SSC32
beautiful sandwich can run 32 servos and taking commands via RS 232 port. bottom part hardware is arduino compatible ( mega 168) singe side board, but bootloader is different.

upper "floor" is double sided, can make some problems to make without CNC mashine.

together:

separate:

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 02/09/11 at 19:03:57

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

uff seems to be that was a looong time Smiley sorry for that.
finally have some update, please watch a video (quality is not amazing Sad recorded by cellphone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnZdefpz-bg

IP Logged

Reply #42 - 02/09/11 at 19:37:56

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

looks fantastic, are you putting a web site for it? we'd love to add it to the exhibition.

IP Logged

Reply #43 - 02/10/11 at 06:04:18

TheZacharius   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Poland

i don't know Smiley have not my own info page but i'm thinking about.
until it not exist we can create clear topic about the project.
because plan is huge: +bluetooth connection, +main processor (this will be arduino or wiring) +accelerometer (tilt sensor) + force sensors for each leg for stabilizing it on unflat surfaces +
radio with BT connectible to pc for steering + wireless IP camera + PC software +android software (lol i have lots of doubts about the softwares, but have here few smart guys Smiley )
so i'd rather say it's a phase 1 of project done  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3