Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Bootloader problem

Pages: 1 2 
Bootloader problem (Read 23280 times)
Reply #15 - 10/21/10 at 13:50:31

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

2 and 3 also exist in the Mini, 2 and 3 are Serial1 and 32 and 33 are Serial Rx/Tx in both schematics Wiring big and Mini 32 and 33 are the ones going to the FTDI, that's the Serial port used by the bootloader and for programming the board.
Yes your chip must be flashed as atmega128, do a chip erase (in the loading the bootloader using avrstudio). Also check avrstudio can properly read the chip signature. Set fuses, burn bootloader hexfile, set the bootloader protection to Mode 3 (third tab on the programming window of the avrstudio)

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 10/21/10 at 18:33:49

SAzabi   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Ok, I was confused with pin numbers, thought 32/33 are of atmega128 numering, not Wiring board.
Anyway. Erase gave nothing. I'm still able to flash fusebits only when I chose IC as atmega128. I'm not able to flash bootloader or program.
If I chose atmega1281 in options, I am able to flash bootloader and program and it works (tried led blink).
All that goes in AVRStudio.
As I wrote, I use Inex usb to com stick. It works just great with my robonova - it also flashes via serial port.
But when I try to upload program through Wiring software it just stucks. Avrdude sends something to port and reveives nothing back.
I've soldered atmega128 pin 2 on TX pin of stick and pin 3 or RX pin (tx pin marked on db9 as pin 3, rx as pin 2).
I use

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 10/21/10 at 18:53:37

worapoht   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Thailand

SAzabi wrote on 10/21/10 at 18:33:49:
I've soldered atmega128 pin 2 on TX pin of stick and pin 3 or RX pin (tx pin marked on db9 as pin 3, rx as pin 2).
I use

no.. no.. if you mean Inex's UCON-232S blue stick , output signal from DB9 is RS-232 level not 5V logic level which connect to AVR's chip.
for modificiation on small blue stick is hard way that I'd not recommend to do..
You need MAX232 IC & circuit to translate RS-232 Level back to Logic.
or change USB converter to single FTDI chip only such as Sparkfun's FTDI basic breakout board
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9115

this will be okay..

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 10/22/10 at 03:40:14

SAzabi   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Thanks! Just looked at datasheet of another IC placed on Inex stick (Hin213...) and found it to be level converter. Stupid me)
Have to make breakboard for my ft232rl chip.
Thank you!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2