Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTroubleshooting › error compiling

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
error compiling (Read 2770 times)
09/30/10 at 00:24:44

cielvariable   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I just start with wiring.  When I try to verify my code, there is an error message : error compiling.  It's the only thing it says.  I never succeed to compile a code, even a simple one, even one that I copy/paste from the tutorials. I try wiring 0027, 0026, 0025, it doesn't change anything.  I use Windows XP on a dell Latitude 110L.  What can it be?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09/30/10 at 00:39:07

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

I am afraid there is something wrong with your installation, please download and extract the .zip distribution complete, I mean extract the whole wiring-0027 folder to your desktop or desired location.
Do not run Wiring from from the distribution, some systems let you open the zip and look what's inside, running Wiring from there won't work. Please extract the whole wiring-0027 folder and proceed to run from the extracted folder.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 09/30/10 at 20:01:40

cielvariable   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hum... I think that's what I did.  I do have a folder named wiring-0027 on my desktop.  Some friends of mine, who know wiring better than me, tried to help me and couldn't find the problem.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09/30/10 at 20:45:16

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

There might be something wrong with your zip extraction software, try other software like winRar or Winzip or the right-click extract utility. We have tested 0027 on 4 Windows boxes similar to yours, yesterday and this morning and things are working well. Install Java from www.java.com and see if there might be somthing wrong with java on your computer. Let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 10/01/10 at 14:45:56

cielvariable   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I reinstalled Java version 6 update 21.  I also tried to extract the folder with the right-click utility, winrar (which one I already use) and 7-zip.  Still have the problem.  I also tried to copy all elements of the folder on the desktop (which seems a strange idea to me, but at this point...), doesn't change anything.

Thanks for your time, I know this is an uncommun problem.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10/02/10 at 00:11:58

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Yes it is very odd, we tested today with a clean XP installation on a DELL Inspiron, and it works fine.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 10/16/10 at 20:19:24

cielvariable   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Just wanted to tell you that I formatted my disk and now, it works fine.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 10/16/10 at 23:52:19

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Thanks for the note. Im glad things worked well for you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1