Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumBugsSoftware Bugs › 0027 ALPHA unable to compile code - OSX 10.5.8

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
0027 ALPHA unable to compile code - OSX 10.5.8 (Read 5055 times)
09/28/10 at 07:58:38

casey24   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Wiring 0027 seems unable to compile code using Mac running osx10.5.8.
Switched to 0026 with no problems for now.

Any code gives errors including sample code.. full text below.

Thanks for the awesome tools!

/ Casey CW
caseycw.com

//-   Compiler errors       -//
//-   Blink.cpp Example   -//

In file included from /var/folders/j1/j13XLfdpGOWoPICfzpdDBU+++TI/-Tmp-/build8811047929521100121.tmp/B
link.cpp:11:
/Applications/Wiring.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Serial/HardwareSerial
.h:36:18: error: FIFO.h: No such file or directory
/Applications/Wiring.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Serial/HardwareSerial
.h:36:18: error: FIFO.h: No such file or directory

In file included from /var/folders/j1/j13XLfdpGOWoPICfzpdDBU+++TI/-Tmp-/build8811047929521100121.tmp/B
link.cpp:11:
.h:105: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'FIFO' with no type
.h:105: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'FIFO' with no type

.h:105: error: expected ';' before '<' token
.h:105: error: expected ';' before '<' token

.h:106: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'FIFO' with no type
.h:106: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'FIFO' with no type

.h:106: error: expected ';' before '<' token
.h:106: error: expected ';' before '<' token

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09/28/10 at 18:48:47

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi Casey, thanks for your message, It seems your installation is missing the FIFO library or some file is corrupted , could you make a small test for me? Please download Wiring for OSX again, but instead of putting it into applications drag it into your desktop, click on Wiring on your desktop and try the example again. I just made that and it worked for me. Let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10/01/10 at 00:29:24

casey24   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Re-downloaded and ran from Desktop. Still getting the same error.

I have both Arduino and Processing installed on this machine as well.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10/01/10 at 03:26:15

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Ok, found it, it is specific to your OS version, we had to find a person with the same OS, We don't know the cause yet. On OSX 10.6.x doesn't happen at all. So here is a solution: apparently for no reason I can think of, a library called Serial cant find the FIFO.h for the FIFO library. So please do as follows: right click on the Wiring icon or control key+click opens a menu, second option says Show Package Contents, this will open a new window with a folder called Contents, (I have the tree columns mac view for easiness), click on it (or open it) inside open Resources -> Java -> libraries -> FIFO inside fifo there is FIFO.h select the file and copy it (command+C).
Going up one folder to libraries, (same in which you found the FIFO folder) there is another folder called Serial select it and do paste (command+V), now the file FIFO.h should be there along with the other files inside Serial. Well that's it. close the whole thing and happy compiling. Please let me know. I'll look forward to see the possible cause of this, I can't manage to reproduce this error on any 10.6.x machine.
« Last Edit: 10/01/10 at 04:59:55 by barragan »  
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 10/02/10 at 18:19:12

casey24   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi Hernando,

Looks like moving FIFO.h fixes everything. Replaced copy of Wiring in Applications and working normally.

Thanks for helping.

/ casey cw

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10/02/10 at 22:44:06

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Great, I'm glad it worked for you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1