Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumDiscussionGeneral Discussion, Status › Adding Libraries on OSX

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Adding Libraries on OSX (Read 4792 times)
06/29/10 at 02:41:46

noumenon   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I am trying to add libraries from another folder into a file via #include but I cannot find the correct path to store the files in order to add them.  I have tried within the package contents and in Documents/Wiring/Libraries but the program appears to be unable to find the correct files.
I am using version 26.

Where do the library, or any .h files need to be placed?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/01/10 at 17:51:59

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi libraries can be stored in Documents/Wiring/libraries
The distributed Wiring libraries can be found by holding the control key selecting the Wiring icon, then click on Show package contents then open Contents / Resources / Java / libraries you could also put your library in there if that's what you want. Let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/05/10 at 17:41:48

noumenon   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I have tried placing the libraries in Documents/Wiring/libraries as well as within the package and both times the only way to point to them properly within the code is by using the exact path ie) #include </Users/craig/Documents/Wiring/libraries/file.h>

This is not ideal because I am working on the code on my home computer and would like to be able to transfer it easily to another computer to coordinate work with another student.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07/05/10 at 18:21:13

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

That's odd, this is not the way libraries work, could you please send me by email a zip file with the library you are using? Just a minimum code to reproduce the problem. Include files etc.
Wiring libraries work as you expect them to work, so it is strange for me what you're describing.
Please let me know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1