Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTangible computing › Is there an example hook the mini to the USB adapt

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Is there an example hook the mini to the USB adapt (Read 4903 times)
12/03/09 at 20:56:56

Vaccumdiode2   Offline
chicago, IL USA

Hello,

Is there an example of how you hook your mini ti the USB adapter?  I see some note on the hardware page and it would be a good idea to show the best way to do it.  that way there would be a general understanding of how to do it where you hook it and what conection were needed.

I have a USB atapter which uses the same chip and has the same conection.  I looked at the wiring board schematic and only found three conection requirered to the ATMEGA128, tx,rx and reset.  the USB uses the Power from the computer's USB, the mini uses it own supply and of course you tie the grounds together(GND -).

Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

Vaccumdiode

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/03/09 at 22:11:32

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

here it is: http://wiring.org.co/hardware/wiringmini.html

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12/04/09 at 18:43:23

Vaccumdiode2   Offline
chicago, IL USA

Barragan,
                  Thank you.   I must have been away too long. LOL

Question?
                   Why is the DTR hooked to the Reset on the Wiring I/O Board?    Should I use this conection when I upload programs? 

Thank you
Vaccumdiode

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/04/09 at 19:14:12

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

It is used to do automatic reset from the Wiring software for uploading new and for restarting the board, so no need to press the reset button on the board.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12/04/09 at 19:15:35

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

You can do that on the WiringMini, just put a 100nF capacitor between the USBAdapter DTR line and the RESET pin in the WiringMini, this will enable the auto reset feature.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1