Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

[size=16][highlight][color=#ff0000][b]This forum is now [u]READ-ONLY[/u]! Please visit [url]http://forum.wiring.co/[/url] for the new forum.[/b][/color][/highlight][/size]

Wiring ForumSuggestionsSoftware Suggestions › auto-reset on upload (a la arduino)?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
auto-reset on upload (a la arduino)? (Read 5172 times)
06/04/08 at 14:18:18

roypardi   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!
Boston USA

Anyone have thoughts about implementing an auto-reset on upload feature the way the latest Arduino does? Not sure what it entails on the hardware side - a cap on the serial pins?

I bring it up because I have a Wiring project now where the board is mounted 10 feet overhead so it's a bit tough to reach the reset button when needing to tweak the programming.

(the auto-reset is a bit of a pain to get used to - activating the serial monitor resets the board, etc. but there are some advantages too)

--Roy

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/19/08 at 11:49:10

letaage   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Did you ever get this working?

I'm moving to Wiring from Arduino for my next design and I like the auto-reset feature, especially during development.

It should be easy to implement in hardware and should work if the Wiring IDE behaves the same as the Arduino IDE as far as the FTDI USB serial driver goes.

I am not sure if it also requires any changes to the boot-loader, I don't think so, but the 7 second delay might need to change, if only to speed things up...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1