Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTangible computing › Wiring board (standalone) question?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Wiring board (standalone) question? (Read 3165 times)
04/04/08 at 03:09:40

sidgug   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!
Brisbane, Australia

I've just finished developing a Wiring sketch which runs 3 x 6.5 inch 7 segment displays. I'm using a Wiring board because I need a total of 24 output pins.

I'm looking for the best way to now construct a standalone (chip + minimal components) board which I can use instead of the Wiring board for incorporation in the end product.

I've seen quite a bit on standalone Arduinos but haven't come across anything for the Wiring board.

Any suggestions or should I just stick with say a Wiring Mini board?

By the way, I've been using the Wiring board and IDE for about six months and must say it's a fantastic product. Many thanks to all who were involved in it's creation.

Thanks

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/04/08 at 04:25:22

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi, yes the Mini will be a great option, so you won´t have to leave the USB part of it if your project doesn´t need it, also the size factor and you won´t have to add extra regulation circuitry for powering it (the mini includes its own power regulator as the wiring board). Thanks for your message, I am really glad you are enjoying it Smiley
Please keep me posted on your project to feature it at the exhibit.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/04/08 at 05:12:07

sidgug   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!
Brisbane, Australia

Thank you Hernando.

Will do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1