Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTroubleshooting › Ok, loooooooong time to finnish uploading...

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Ok, loooooooong time to finnish uploading... (Read 5728 times)
03/15/08 at 03:45:20

HeliumFX   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

I just got my Wiring board. I got it drivers working right off the bat. Installed the Wiring software and it found it on COM3. alls good right. Ok posted some code, then checked it, vhecked ok, so I uploaded it. The software ran for about 20 min, windows said it had stopped responding, Any clue??

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 03/15/08 at 03:50:59

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

did you choose the right firmware version for your board? see step 4 on http://wiring.org.co/hardware/software_setup.html

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/15/08 at 03:53:33

HeliumFX   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Yes, As far as I can tell I have ver.2 So that is what I set it for.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 03/15/08 at 05:34:30

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

It might be version 1.x that might explain the delay for uploading. Please try with version 1.x and let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 03/15/08 at 13:31:40

HeliumFX   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

See that is why I don't need to be up so late. ok after a good night sleep and your suggestion I tried ver 1, IT WORKED. Thanks. This is my first shot at this kind of stuff. I was considering going with a parallax STAMP but liked the specs on this board. Again thanks.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 03/15/08 at 13:36:33

HeliumFX   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

What is the deference of v1 and v2? I don't have a JTAG hookup that is why i thought it was v2.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 03/15/08 at 18:12:37

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Note: the firmware refers to the bootloader software that resides in a special section of the wiring hardware. It receives and stores a program into the microcontroller´s memory every time a new program is uploaded. It is not related to any hardware features, performance or capabilities of the board. The change in the firmware version corresponds to a change in the communication protocol used by ATMEL to upload new programs into their microcontrollers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1