Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax › Working with c++ code.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Working with c++ code. (Read 3659 times)
02/11/08 at 00:34:12

darkn   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

I'll start this off by apologizing if this is in the wrong sub-forum.

I'm working with some code that I wrote to navigate a robot. I wrote it in c++, as the Learning\Comparison page seemed to imply that I could. So I now have a large piece of code in c++, and I haven't been able to get it running on the Wiring board.

Basically, the code is in three sections: A bunch of classes + constructors, a bunch of functions that use those classes, and the main loop. The main loop should be pretty easy to break down into the setup() and loop() functions.

The other two sections aren't so easy to get working. I've been trying to get them to both work as a library. I've tried to get the classes + constructors in a library, and the functions in the main file, and no luck. Even though the classes are being imported, the compiler tells me that the functions are being passed something that's not a type.

I was excited when I saw the Hello World library topic by Zambetti, but all those links are dead.

So can anyone give me advice on using classes and constructors in wiring? And then using those classes in functions? I'm stuck here, and haven't been able to find any good documentation on what I need.

Thanks for reading this, if you made it this far.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/12/08 at 16:49:52

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi, I wrote to nick to see of we coan move those files locally since the ivrea site went down. I´ll get back to you soon.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02/12/08 at 18:40:15

darkn   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Sweet, thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1