Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTangible computing › Balancing Robot (NEED HELP!)

Pages: 1 2 
Balancing Robot (NEED HELP!) (Read 16742 times)
Reply #15 - 02/14/08 at 18:23:37

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Dear ara, please make it a project for the exhibition Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 02/14/08 at 18:47:47

arakourchians   Offline
YaBB Newbies
._ ._. ._
Los Angeles

Alright, sounds great thank you for this opportunity, I will make a webpage for this. Hopefully I can finish this in two weeks. I can send you a rough schematic of how it is wired, and the code will just make the robot balance in place. I am yet to make it move forward or backward.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 02/19/08 at 23:03:02

arakourchians   Offline
YaBB Newbies
._ ._. ._
Los Angeles

I thought I might update you all. Well I have been working on and off this week on the bot. I caught the flu, and had more time at home to work on the bot so I guess something good came out of it. I have created a prototype code that uses position (angle) of the bot to power the motors. I would like to note that this is not how it is actually done, but I thought I might make a simple version of the code before I started adding more code. At the moment my code will work for a bot with very well balanced hardware. It will simply keep the robot standing.

I really didn't think this would be hard, and now ... I TOTALLY TAKE IT BACK!! This has been very challenge, and is not a project that can be done in a week. There is a lot of physics and math involved, and I am trying to write a new version of the code (almost from scratch *except the drivers I wrote*) that will account for rate of rotation of the bot, and more. There are many details behind this, and I am really working on trying to make the code compatible with all types of hardware. So that if your robots hardware is not well balanced the robot can compensate for that.

Mr. Barragan, it would be nice to get your email so that I can share my wiring diagrams and code(drivers and balance algorithm).

It would be nice for someone else with balancing robot hardware to test my code as well. 

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 02/20/08 at 03:19:09

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hey!, cool. my address is hbarragan [at] uniandes edu co

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 02/26/08 at 03:04:42

arakourchians   Offline
YaBB Newbies
._ ._. ._
Los Angeles

barragan wrote on 02/20/08 at 03:19:09:
hey!, cool. my address is hbarragan [at] uniandes edu co

I was wondering if you received my email with the code attachment. I have been testing my new code, that now accounts for angular rotation. It is still very buggy, but nothing that couldn't be fixed Wink I can already see that it works better though!

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 03/15/08 at 17:26:57

arakourchians   Offline
YaBB Newbies
._ ._. ._
Los Angeles

Good news! The robot is finally balancing by itself with out any assistance or any major problems (previous code was terrible). Turns out we needed a gyroscope to return angular rotation. After running the gyro and accelerometer through a filter, and then through an algorithm (which I will later release), it balances pretty well. My previous code the balancing inputs were only based on the robots position. I ordered a gyroscope from SparkFun, and wrote drivers for it as well. This took a while and costed me about $200 all together. I plan to improve the code so that it is safe enough for me to blow up and make a life size one. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 03/15/08 at 19:00:13

Titus   Offline
Wiring Soccer Robot!
Amsterdam

Cool!

Keep us posted, and why not make an instructable(www.instructables.com) or post it on makezine blog

Titus

Check www.TeamVossius.nl for our Autonomous soccer robots!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2