Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Will OSC fit on Wiring board?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Will OSC fit on Wiring board? (Read 3915 times)
09/15/07 at 15:21:27

phineus   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

I would like my device to be OSC (Open Sound Control) compliant natively using the Wiring board.  MIDI would also be nice.  Is there enough room in the the Wiring board to save a small library of OSC messages?  The outgoing messages will be very simple, like "/stribe/cursor 2 1023 8", and incoming messages will be similarly simple, like "/stribe/led 6 23 1".  Meanwhile I need to read 8 analog inputs and run 16 MAX7221's controlling 1024 leds.

Right now I am using Max to interpret the adc inputs, build OSC messages then send them out via udpsend, but ideally I would like to talk directly to OSC and MIDI compliant devices without a computer.  I see that the MAKE controller supports OSC but I haven't looked into how they're doing it.  And I already have the Wiring board.

I found d.tools which uses OSC but they say you still need a helper app to get from serial to UDP protocol...

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/14/08 at 03:23:15

AdrianFreed   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Yes, I have just implemented OSC output natively on arduino and wiring. I will be posting it publicly in a few weeks. If you have an urgent need and would like to alpha test, please contact me.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02/14/08 at 18:22:36

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Dear Adrian, that´s great, there was another person looking into it, it would be great if you send me an e-mail so perhaps we can coordinate efforts etc.
Thanks for your help,
Best,
H.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1