Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareHow to get it? › wiring boards in the UK/Europe - anyone want?

Pages: 1 2 
wiring boards in the UK/Europe - anyone want? (Read 24598 times)
06/29/07 at 01:10:29

frey   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi everyone

if I bought 6 boards, would anyone want to buy them one at a time off me for let's say €60 including shipping to anywhere in Europe? If you bought one straight from Barragan it would be US$60+US$52 shipping = more like €100...

any takers?

(p.s. Barragan, why not offer cheaper shipping options? US$52 is almost the price of the board all over again, and most people probably only want to buy one board.)

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/29/07 at 03:46:40

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi, yes boards are US$60 and shipping to Europe US$44, it costs the same to ship 1 or 10 boards (cost is per lb). A good idea is to split between different buyers.
We are working on making arrangements with a European distributor. Right now boards are sent from South America, that's why FEDEX charges that much for the shipping, we use FEDEX because that's the only safe way we can guarantee people will get their boards.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/13/07 at 09:38:28

starlight   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi,
ist the buying idea ongoing - any other prospective buyers?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/06/07 at 02:32:57

solidox   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Sure, I'm in.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 09/12/07 at 15:36:23

jgriessen   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Austin TX

Is the wiring community open to new suppliers or boards, variations, and add-ons to go with the wiring concept?  I make electronics with the open tools of the group called gEDA, so your process of making specific boards is less of a hurdle than with just an image of a PCB and an image of a schematic.  With gEDA tools gschem and PCB, you can take your starting point of an IO board, if made with gEDA tools, and add just some deletions and small additions without redoing much.

My philosophy of open projects is to license hardware with the TAPR open hardware license so you can use it as you like commercially, and make products!

So answer up here please, and tell me you want variants of the IO board in kit form with the easy path to custom boards of your own via the gEDA tools, plus I will sell to a european distributor as soon as possible, ship from the US at first, sell to all olimex and sparkfun outlets, not stop anyone from making competing copies or variants.

Thanks,

John Griessen

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 09/12/07 at 22:25:37

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi, right now the Wiring board is available in the US from Sparkfun Electronics and directly from us. The board cost from us is US$60, shipping to the US is US$25 and US$44 to Europe, (it costs the same to ship 1 or 15 boards, cost is per lb) and we use FEDEX to sip. Boards are also available in Asia and Australia. We had a European distributor but he left Europe some time ago. Hardware schematics and needed files to manufacture the board are available at no cost for non-commercial uses. Several schools with electronic manufacturing facilities have manufactured their own boards using the schematics and software we provide. The previous version of the board was licensed under an agreement to a company for manufacturing, things worked out well at the beginning, but from some time ago they stop reporting sales and stop answering mail and reports requests violating the agreement. The Wiring software will work with any atmega128 board; there are several kits available which can be used with the Wiring software mapping the pins accordingly to the Wiring board specification. We are making arrangements for distributors in Japan, Australia, Europe and Korea.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 11/08/07 at 19:37:44

milc   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

hi, i'm new to this forum,
and new to wiring.
i've had fun with P5 since two months so, P5 made me interested in wiring.
anyway, if i don't have a board, it's like a play football without a ball.
and if i can buy it cheaper!!

i buy, definitely!!

(i'm in france)

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 11/11/07 at 17:41:26

nnimar   Offline
YaBB Newbies
London

Is there anyone interested in getting a board in the UK or Europe at the moment ? It's true that the fedex option is very expensive for one board only...  

Milc, did you get yours already ? I can order two and sent it to you by the post if you would like. Est-ce que tu pourrais faire un payement via Paypal ?

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 11/19/07 at 15:55:50

Unico   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

nnimar wrote on 11/11/07 at 17:41:26:
Is there anyone interested in getting a board in the UK or Europe at the moment ? It's true that the fedex option is very expensive for one board only... 

Milc, did you get yours already ? I can order two and sent it to you by the post if you would like. Est-ce que tu pourrais faire un payement via Paypal ?

Seems the ditributing web page is no longer on line, and uniandes.edu.co is not working too so i would interested in get a board for me, can you explain how do you think do it?
You know, how to pay it, how much will cost for everyone, etc..
I would pay with paypal.
Im from Spain.

Come on guys, we need more ppl to low costs!!! Cool

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11/22/07 at 17:30:56

pixiecherub   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Regards,
London, England

I've just found this site, and am very interested in getting a board, so please put me down for one!

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 11/27/07 at 06:04:59

milc   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

I'm sorry to reply too late!!
I was bit off, but safely come back!

But I want to get wiring board in europe RIGHT NOW.
and I do not care paypal or whatever,
if somebody can order, than please send me a mail.
I forget to check this forum everyday, so it's better to send me a mail,
so that I can reply imediately.

ydjeho@gmail.com

i can't wait no more!! Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 12/04/07 at 11:08:51

MaartenZuidland   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Sorry to reply so late,

is anyone still planning to order?
I'd be very, very, interested to recieve one in the Netherlands.

regards.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 12/13/07 at 10:46:16

teit_an   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

hi
I'm shopping christmas presents for my brother and he wants a wiring board too. Are there any left?
I'm in Denmark.
/TA

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 05/02/08 at 18:49:26

grey_earl   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello!
Someone interested in a board right now? I need one for July, but would be happy to order now, the dollar is cheap Wink
I live in Germany.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 09/02/08 at 11:20:33

noe   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

I live in Spain, and would like to have one Wiring Black board.

¿Anyone I can join to?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2