Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTroubleshooting › proper serial port not showing up

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
proper serial port not showing up (Read 4498 times)
06/16/07 at 14:28:48

daidalos   Offline
YaBB Newbies
architecture + media +
computing

hello everyone,

I'm having what seems to be a simple problem.  I've done numerous searches and have come up with nothing, so I was hoping to get some insight by just asking. Smiley

So under the Tools menu, there should be a couple options to select a serial port that is called /dev/cu.usbserial-xx, but there is not - even upon plugging in the board via usb to the computer.  The board is getting power. 

Any insight on what the problem is would be great.
Do I need a certain driver installed?

thanks!

edit:  I'm using an Intel Macbook running OSX 10.4.8

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/16/07 at 14:36:36

daidalos   Offline
YaBB Newbies
architecture + media +
computing

Also,

I ran the setup command which claimed success - and upon doing so rebooted the computer to no avail -

however I've just come across FTDI VCP drivers. v2.1.7  - are these neccessary and if so where do I find them?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 06/16/07 at 15:14:27

daidalos   Offline
YaBB Newbies
architecture + media +
computing

Ok I installed the drivers, and now the proper usb serial port is showing and it is selected - so that answers my question but brings up another.

Upon installing the drivers, and ran the setup command again - restarted the system and tried to upload the code - "programmer is not responding, RESET the board right before exporting"

hmmm . stumped - anyone?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/16/07 at 20:09:51

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

well, problem might also be in the upload sequence, check this out: http://wiring.org.co/ioboard/usersguide.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1