Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTroubleshooting › Programmer is not responding.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Programmer is not responding. (Read 11347 times)
05/12/07 at 13:13:01

wrighy95   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello.

I keep getting this "Programmer is not responding." message. It was working just fine three days ago but after I changed a coding and tried to upload it again, it started giving me this message.

I have been trying to figure out how to get this problem solved for a couple of days and tried my best but I have no idea what to do now.

I am using Intel MacBook with OS 10.4.8. and Arduino NG.
I have reinstalled Wiring as well as upgraded VCP driver

Could anyone please give me suggestions?

Thank you!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/12/07 at 15:54:22

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi, you'll have to run again the macosx_setup.command in the Wiring folder, and then reboot your computer, also whenever you change the usb connector to attach your board you need to choose again the serial port used in the Tools/Serial menu of the Wiring software. Let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05/12/07 at 16:32:05

wrighy95   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Thank you for your help! but ... it still gives me the same "Programmer is not responding." message, though.

I did macosx_setup.command and restarted a computer, then reselected the serial port, just like you suggested.

Does the order of connecting things matter? For example, should I connect usb cable after opening Wiring software, or etc...??

Strange thing for me that I can upload my program from Arduino software to my board with the same connecting setup.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 05/12/07 at 19:21:06

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hmm, check the Tools/Serial menu when your board is un-plugged, see what's there, then close the menu, (just click on the editor), then plug the board, and check again on the Tools/Serial menu to see if a new serial port was added to this menu; that should be the port for the Wiring board. It is weird that it worked and then stop working.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 05/13/07 at 00:13:56

wrighy95   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi.

I tried what you suggested.

Here is how it appeared:

When usb is unplugged>>

And when usb is plugged>>

Though, /dev/tty.usaserial-A40014iu is the one that I always select.

Thank you for your help.
wrighy95

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 05/13/07 at 02:43:34

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi, please use the /dev/cu/usbserial- port.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 05/13/07 at 21:46:12

wrighy95   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi,

I still get the same Programmer is not responding. message.... Cry

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 05/14/07 at 04:39:59

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hey, can you try to t the setup process in another computer?, it is very odd that stopped working, clearly your computer is detecting the board correctly, are you sure you're excuting the upload in the propper sequence? (it's better to check on everything) http://wiring.org.co/ioboard/usersguide.html
If you're sure it is being done in the right way, please try to do the setup in a clean computer, if you look on the discourse this problem had happened to different people for many different reasons (other devices incompatibility, bluetooth dongles etc)please look deep in the forum and let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 06/16/07 at 15:31:51

daidalos   Offline
YaBB Newbies
architecture + media +
computing

I'm having the same issue - I've followed all the steps neccessary but the programmer will not respond...

has there been a resolution to this issue?

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 06/20/07 at 00:48:54

daidalos   Offline
YaBB Newbies
architecture + media +
computing

Iv'e re-installed the proper drivers .... re-installed Wiring ... re-ran the setup command for the Mac ... rebooted the computer ... all these steps TWICE over now making it three times total ....

Still will not program .... "programmer is not responding"

I'm following the proper steps to program ... choose proper serial - compile - hit the RESET button - upload.

nothing

are there any known problems with the Mac version of Wiring?  Whats going on here??

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 06/20/07 at 15:28:06

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

There is nothing wrong with it regarding this issue, many people is using it, sometimes it is difficutl to track down this kind of error, if you check previous threads, you'll find that even bluetooth devices will cause this sort of behaviour/conflict with some computers.
From your previous messages I can see your computer is recognizing the board, since the new serial port appears in the menu as you choose it. I'd like you to try to install the board in another computer, perhaps a PC or other mac to verify.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 06/20/07 at 17:01:15

daidalos   Offline
YaBB Newbies
architecture + media +
computing

Ok, My mac is bootcamped so I'll try to run it on the Windows side of things to see if that works.  If not I'll try again on my PC.

Thanks for the response!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1