Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTangible computing › driving multible sevos

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
driving multible sevos (Read 5509 times)
05/04/07 at 12:43:59

nicodemus   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Im using the Servo library to drive 3 servos , but it seems that when I plug the 3rd servo on the board nothing works .. another odd thing is that the board keeps "unplugging my usb conextion" which means that i cant control the servo from the serial port - whitout starting wiring up again and uploading the cone .. again.
I have testet the. driving two servos - example sketch on both my wiring boards and I dont think it runs bugfree -- is there anybody outthere with a lot of experience with servocontrol that has had simmilar troubles I would be glad to know..

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/04/07 at 23:03:55

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

how are you powering the servos?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05/11/07 at 20:44:45

nicodemus   Offline
YaBB Newbies

im powering them from the wiring board  - and my wiringboard is powered by a 6 volts battery ..

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 05/11/07 at 23:55:27

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

hi, the Wiring board can power one servo, in order to power many of them you need to do it with an external power supply and not from the board, you're probably experiencing a board reset because of this. I recommend to you to get an external 5V power supply or battery for your servos.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 05/12/07 at 22:16:09

nicodemus   Offline
YaBB Newbies

thanks a lot - i will do that

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1