Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTroubleshooting › Cannot upload program. Windows laptop. v11.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Cannot upload program. Windows laptop. v11. (Read 2899 times)
03/23/07 at 02:16:47

Marco   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Barcelona, Spain

Hi all,

I have gone through the whole process of setting up the wiring board, the USB drivers and the development environment in a desktop Windows XP SP2 PC without any trouble.

However, for my classes I need run the stuff on a laptop. I have tryed teh same procedure without success. The laptop runs WIndows XP SP2 fully updated, with wiring 11 and the last version of the drivers which I installed using the excutable CDM_Setup.exe.

When running in the desktop I get virtual com port number 6 whick work just right. In the laptop I get port number 18, the the wiring IDE displays the following error message:

the selected serial port -> /dev/com18 does not exist or your board is not connected
Error: No such file or directory
-> /dev/com18

when triying to upload a program into the board... I have rebooted the laptop, connected and disconnected the board, etc. many times without any success.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 03/23/07 at 03:08:22

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Nothing weird, the problem is the serial number, for some reason your system assigned to your serial the number 18, try to do this with your board connected:

Open /Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/
search for Ports(COM & LPT)

Select USB Serial Port (COM18) I guess in your case (remember the board must be connected before doing this)

Open it or right-click Properties
select Port Settings tab
click Advanced
and then select a different COM Port Number try something below COM8 even if they appear as (in use) and click OK until it ends.

All this happened t me once, even if my laptop only had 1 serial port, a Bluetoth dongle I installed messed up with my COM ports so I had to do all this and selected COM4 for my Wiring board.
From now on your board will be available in the COM you select.

Let me know.
best,
H.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/23/07 at 20:48:07

Marco   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Barcelona, Spain

Thanks a lot. I tried with COM7 and it just worked fine. I'm happy now!!!!

Regards.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1