Home \ Help \ Search \ Login RSS

Welcome, Guest. Please Login

This forum is now READ-ONLY! Please visit http://forum.wiring.co/ for the new forum.

Wiring ForumWiring HardwareTroubleshooting › Unable to Upload New Programs

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Unable to Upload New Programs (Read 15786 times)
12/23/05 at 23:21:03

mberginski   Offline
YaBB Newbies

After making some changes to a program I was writing to flip a relay and loading them to the wiring board, I noticed that there was no change in the program that was being run by the board.  I wasn't sure what the problem was, but to check I attempted to load the led_blinks example to make sure loading programs to the board was still working.  I recieved the standard  notification that the upload was successful, but the board continued to run the old program.  Is there anyway to clear the board memory or otherwise ensure that a new program can be loaded?

edit - I'm still having trouble with uploading new programs to the wiring board and have now tested the board on a second computer.  The wiring software is still producing the correct output when a program is uploaded, but there is no change in the actions of the board.  If there is any other information needed to troubleshoot this problem let me know.
« Last Edit: 01/10/06 at 23:05:06 by mberginski »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/24/05 at 02:48:25

uki   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I have the same problem. I'm working on Mac OS 10.4.3 and I have to restart wiring program (computer program, not card) to take effect on uploading program to card. At the begining everything was working fine but now only when I restart wiring program I'm 100% sure that new program is uploaded. Don't know why is that.

best,
uki

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 01/29/06 at 17:14:10

mberginski   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Quote:
I have the same problem. I'm working on Mac OS 10.4.3 and I have to restart wiring program (computer program, not card) to take effect on uploading program to card. At the begining everything was working fine but now only when I restart wiring program I'm 100% sure that new program is uploaded. Don't know why is that.

best,
uki

I attempted to restart the wiring software, but the board still won't respond to the new program that has been uploaded.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/18/06 at 22:49:03

BenjaminB   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

I am facing exactly the same problem and I would realy like to know if this problem is solvable. I am wondering why there was no proper solution found in within the year, making me feel that there is nothing more proper as buying a new I/O board.

Pleas help!

Specoialists, pleas help!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12/19/06 at 07:53:58

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

which Wiring software version are you using?

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12/19/06 at 13:17:19

BenjaminB   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Version, released on 28 Nov 2006; 0010 Alpha.

Problem appeared when I was testing a device, connected to the analog input pin. Maximum voltage on the analog input is +5V, but during the experiment I have applied the voltage of +10V, what could be the couse of all the trouble.

It would be nice to know in general, what kind of troubles are related to such a mistakes (exceeding the voltage limit of +5V), are these allways fatal for the microcotroller?

While reading through the ATmega128 datasheet:

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2467.pdf

I have noticed (on page 289) that you are able to manipulate with some memory lock bits. How can I do this practically with wiring software, or can I use some other software to perform the Chip Erase command?
« Last Edit: 12/19/06 at 20:23:49 by BenjaminB »  
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 04/15/10 at 21:00:28

rrrafko   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi guys...
I've the same problem but I don't think so I applied >5V to analog input pin - I just used circuits right from here Undecided
Barragan: If I don't resolve this problem I can send you maybe my board for a short time for testing if you want but I'm living in Slovakia... Roll Eyes We both can decide
thank you very much for fast answer
PS: I've got competiton two days later... it sucks... I think I have to wait for next year  Sad

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 04/15/10 at 22:59:15

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

There is no Wiring issue associated with this behavior, not being able to upload a program might com from different situations or even your computer. Please describe the situation you are facing, if it was working fine and then stopped working, OS, Wiring version, check if your software and hardware are correctly installed and connected http://wiring.org.co/hardware/softwaresetup.html
Which hardware version are you using? where did you get this board from?

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 04/16/10 at 05:35:18

rrrafko   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Yes, it was working fine and than it stopped working. Wiring version is 0023 actually but I tested more versions yesterday (0026 too), OS Win7 x64 with all updates and the newest version of Java. I get this board from Maximum Robotics. Hardware version is V1.15 Everything is correctly installed, I'm sure, because it runs normally on my actually software configurations.
I tested it on another PC with win XP too and nothing.
If it helps, I learned, how to use switch() and variables, with two analog output pins, one digital input pin and 5 digital output pins include onboard LED. This LED can't stop lightning yet Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 04/16/10 at 20:41:23

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

ok, if there is a problem with your board, you should contact Maximum, I think there might be something wrong related to the bootloader, one thing you could do is to reload the bootloader into your board, burning a bootloader requires you to have or build an ISP programmer. The bootloader files are here: http://wiring.uniandes.edu.co/source/trunk/wiring/bootloader/

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 04/17/10 at 19:28:48

rrrafko   Offline
YaBB Newbies

ok, thank you Barragan, I try to reload the bootloader and than I will write here if it helps, but I don't have ISP programmer at home so I must go to my friend sometime... Otherwise I will contact Maximum Robotics

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 04/17/10 at 23:01:58

barragan   Offline
YaBB Administrator

good, let me know of you need anything else.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 04/30/10 at 17:24:10

rrrafko   Offline
YaBB Newbies

sorry, but I can't find ISP programmer yet, it need much more time, but I hope, so I will soon write here result Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1